Designed by the architect William Blackwell, this hospital was built with the intention of isolating people who had infectious diseases such as typhoid,scarlet fever, and influenza. So one half of to building was for one set of patients, the other half for a different set, and in total, at least at the very beginning, there were 20 beds. Constructed in 1911 at the top of a hill beyond the limits of the main part of Peterborough, this place stood near the intersection of Langton and Hilliard Streets until 1950, and was run by the Peterborough Board of Health. This place was demolished in 1958. Fairhaven Home Long Term care facility was built on the site in 1960 and is still operating today.
(The photo is courtesy of Trent University Archives)